Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dwyte Pilgrim And His Battle Against The Critics

Dwyte Pilgrim is a highly skilled professional poker player and is the 2010 World Poker Tour Borgata Champion. And, as a fairly new entrant in the world poker tournament scene, Pilgrim has faced a lot of skepticism from the poker community, who have doubted his ability at the green table, crediting his win more to luck than to skill.

Perhaps, this is because poker pro Dwyte Pilgrim has been under the radar for a long time and did not factor in the media spotlight until after his win.

In 2009, Dwyte Pilgrim got involved in the World Series of Poker Circuit and managed to rake in 12 cashes. He also featured in 7 final table poker games and took in a win at the main championship event which took place at Rincon. His critics did not commend him but claimed that the playing field was weak and the buy-in was small. Pilgrim also won the WSOPC Player of the Year, which also did not see critics budge in their standing.

“Somebody is always trying to tear you down and take away from your accomplishments. But if you look at what I’ve done in my first 18 months (as a pro), there’s not that many people that can match it,” said Dwyte Pilgrim.

In 2010, Dwyte Pilgrim participated in yet another WSOPC championship and made it all the way to the final table game at Robinsonville. He took in some cash-ins there and had some good scores as well. Even at this point, Pilgrim had not made any progress with his critics.

“I always feel like I’ve got something to prove…That’s why I’m playing these WPTs, to prove to all the doubters about my game. I’m just going to keep working hard on my game, keep playing these WPTs and I may even start playing a few EPTs just to show them my game over there. To prove to everyone I can hang with the big boys,” he added.

Pilgrim then took the eighth place at the $2,500 Mixed Hold’em WSOP event and thereafter the title and $700k in the WPT Borgata which was the largest poker tourney in WSOP history, which finally made his critics sit up and take notice.

“The circuit is kind of like the minor leagues and I’ve already proved myself there. But I’m going to keep playing the circuit and these WPTs, just to keep showing everybody what I got,” said Dwyte Pilgrim.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment