Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Daniel Negreanu Looking to Score the Poker Triple Crown at the Vienna EPT

30 Oct, 2010  EPT

Daniel Negreanu, an accomplished poker professional with World Series of Poker and World Poker Tour titles is now out to get the European Poker Tour title at the Vienna tourney. If Negreanu manages to win the EPT Vienna 2010, then this victory will win him the illustrious Poker Triple Crown award, which is a title of recognition given to players who have won titles in the World Series of Poker (WSOP), World Poker Tour (WPT) an the European Poker Tour (EPT).

This victory will be the final feather in his cap and will complete his qualification required for the Poker Triple Crown award. Currently, Daniel Negreanu has already managed to secure 4 World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelets and 2 World Poker Tour titles; all that is remiss is an EPT title. Negreanu is now in the lead in the EPT and it would appear that he is well on his way to taking home the Poker Triple Crown award this year. “My EPT history hasn’t been good. I finally got my first ever EPT cash in London, and this one is my second in a row, but I’m looking for a win here considering my chip position,” Negreanu commented.

So far, there have been only 2 poker players who have won the Poker Triple Crown award and this includes Roland de Wolfe and Gavin Griffin. If Daniel Negreanu should win the EPT, it will make him the third poker player in this league of extraordinary poker players.

Since Daniel Negreanu is currently the chip leader at the EPT Vienna 2010, he is very excited about the possible outcome. “Being chip leader is just sexy. It’s been a while since I had some luck late in tourneys and I’ve been deep quite a bit. Well, I was certainly lucky in the late stages of EPT Vienna…So while I’d like to claim that I skilled my way to the chip lead I’d be lying… but hey, I’m not complaining and I’ll take it anyway I can,” he said.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment